Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default Text to Columns

hi
a sample of your data would have been nice.
not sure what you mean by "cateborize" but..
if the data was in columns, it should be seperated by a space(if not some
other delimiter) so high light the data in A then
datatext to columns...
first screen, select delimited.
second screen, select space
third screen, here you can preset some formats in the columns.
click ok.
should be done.

Post back if problems. include a sample of data.

Regards
FSt1

"Skydiver" wrote:

I've "imported" data from an internal program at my job. The "imported"
information was obviously in separate columns, however in excel all of this
data is in column A. I'm trying to use "Data" "Text to Columns" in order
to categorize the data in various columns. Help!