Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default reformat cells for date

I had wondered about that method, but for me that doesn't work with 51208,
though it does work with 201208.
--
David Biddulph

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Select the column with the "dates"
Data|Text to columns (in xl2003 menus)
Fixed width, but remove any lines that excel guessed.
Choose Date and dmy
and drop the data right back into its original location.

Then format that column the way you like.

Wackyracer wrote:

I have a csv file that contains a column with dates in it. Unfortunately
the
column has the information entered as DMMYY for 5/12/08 or DDMMYY for
20/12/08. So for days 1st to 9th there is no 0 at the front end.

I need to be able to change this coloumn so it reads DD/MM/YYYY so I can
import it into another programme. Can any help?

Many thanks

--

Dave Peterson