Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mick B Mick B is offline

Default Conditional Formatting to match cell values

Thanks for trying but....

when I put a value in column A it merely highlights the first number in the
block (E20), then does not work at all for subsequent entries down Column A.

Any other ideas?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Try conditional formatting with a formula of

=COUNTIF(E20:I27,A1)0

and format as required

--
HTH

Bob

"Mick B" wrote in message
I have entered the values 1-40 in a block of cells, say E20:I27.

I want to enter the numbers 1-40 in a random order down Column A. When the
value has been entered down Column A I want the corresponding value in the
range E20:I27 to be formatted in some way. I have tried a few variations
but
had no joy!