Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
golf2beach golf2beach is offline

Default Problem with Pasting into Filtered Fields

I have filtered a worksheet which results in many rows being hidden.
When I select a cell to copy and then paste into the many visible cells I
cannot paste correctly. Excel will past the copied information into the
'hidden' cells as well. For example: I have a worksheet which contains data
in columns A-H and rows 1-25. When I envoke the Autofilter (which turns the
filters on for my header row) I filter the data so only the even numbered
rows are visible (the odd numbered rows are hidden). I then go to cell E2
and type in a value (replacing the value that was there). I then right mouse
click and copy the new value in cell E2. Now with the left mouse, I click on
cell E4 and highlight the visible cells in column E (E4, E6, E8, E10, E12,
E14, E16, E18, E20, E22 and E24). Once these cells are highlight I right
mouse click in the highligted area and select past. The new value is pasted
in those cells. Now when I turn off the filter (no rows are filtered) I
notice that the new value I orginally typed into cell E2 and pasted into the
other even number rows/cells is also pasted into the odd numbered rows/cells
as well. This is not the way Excel used to work for me. Two weeks ago when
I performed this function it would only paste the value in the even number
rows/cells and leave the filtered ones alone. Over the past eight years I
have performed this task numerious times each day without any problems until
about two weeks ago.

I am running Windows XP Professional. Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build
2600. I'm running Microsoft Ovvice Excel 2003 (11.8211.8202) SP3.

Thanks for your assitance