Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dennis dennis is offline

Default reformat cells for date

So the cells are actually numbers or text that represent the date ?
Assuming it is only the the days that are the problem and months 1-9 are
01-09 then you can create a new column with the formula
=RIGHT("0" & A1,6)

"Wackyracer" wrote:

Unfortunately that does not work 10408 (01/04/08) comes out as 29/06/28.

"Dennis" wrote:

Select all the cells and then do a Format - Cells
Pick the custom format and choose DD/MM/YYYY

"Wackyracer" wrote:

I have a csv file that contains a column with dates in it. Unfortunately the
column has the information entered as DMMYY for 5/12/08 or DDMMYY for
20/12/08. So for days 1st to 9th there is no 0 at the front end.

I need to be able to change this coloumn so it reads DD/MM/YYYY so I can
import it into another programme. Can any help?

Many thanks