Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default reformat cells for date

One option =DATE(2000+RIGHT(A1,2),MID(A1,LEN(A1)-3,2),LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-4))

Another option, if your Windows Regional Settings specify d/m/y, is
=--TEXT(A1,"00\/00\/00")

Another thing worth checking is whether your CSV file actually has that
leading zero missing. If the leading zero is there but the CSV has been
opened with Excel, by default Excel would treat it as a number and not
display the leading zero. If so, read the CSV data into Excel using the Text
Import Wizard and specify the column as text.
--
David Biddulph

"Wackyracer" wrote in message
I have a csv file that contains a column with dates in it. Unfortunately
the
column has the information entered as DMMYY for 5/12/08 or DDMMYY for
20/12/08. So for days 1st to 9th there is no 0 at the front end.

I need to be able to change this coloumn so it reads DD/MM/YYYY so I can
import it into another programme. Can any help?

Many thanks