Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Abiodun Abiodun is offline

Default FORMULA ASSISTANCE REQUIRED

Megan,

To use Vlookup, you require both sheets to have a common data e.g

Sheet 1

Column A Column U
Dog 12

Sheet 2

Column C Column L
Dog bravado

To Vlookup "Dog" is common to both sheets. This condition must be satisfied.
Secondly, selection of Rows & Columns on the sheet from which extraction is
to be made e.g sheet 2 must begin with Column C. Any selection before or
after C will fail vlookup.
Thirdly count from that selected "first cell" to the cell data resides i.e C
-L=10.

Your formula should look somewhat (vlookup(A1,sheet2!C1:L1,10,false)

wish you luck.

Regards,

Abiodun

"Megan" wrote:

I need the correct formula for the following problem I am experiencing.

If the reference number on sheet 1 column B matches the reference number in
column J on sheet 2 then transfer the data on sheet 2 column V.

Can anyone help please?

Kind regards
Megan