Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mick B Mick B is offline

Default Help with function please

I will try and explain better! I have entered the numbers 1-40 in a block
range of cells, say Column E1:E40. If I enter a number down column A that
matches any number from 1-40 I would like the corresponding number in column
E to change colour in some way. Is this possible?

"Teethless mama" wrote:

Select your range (eg. A1:A40)
conditional Formatting
Cell Value Is equal to =$B$1

Format any color you like

"Mick B" wrote:

I want to place a series of numbers, say 1-40 on a spreadsheet. Once that
number has been selected in a separate column, I want the corresponding
number in the list to be highlighted in some way, or even deleted if that is
easier to do?

Am I explaining myself well enough?