Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Neon520 Neon520 is offline

Default To leave the cell Blank

Hi Biff,

I'm working on a similar situation that Steved asked you.
The problem that I have is that if I use =IF(formula=0,"",formula), the cell
the left blank after this formula is regarded as text (because of the ""),
but I'd like to pick up that value for calculation the next row, and it will
show as #VALUE! error. How can I avoid this?

I'm working on something similar to a logging balance sheet that I don't
want to show the same value for the rest of the sheet if the log doesn't
reach a certain line yet.

Thank you,
Neon

"Biff" wrote:

Hi

3 choices:

1: Wrap the formula inside an IF function:

=IF(formula=0,"",formula)

That will make the formula twice as long.

2: Goto ToolsOptionsView

Uncheck: Zero values

3: Use conditional formatting

Select the cell
Goto FormatConditional Formatting
Cell value is equal to 0
Set the font color to be the same as the fill color.

Biff

"Steved" wrote in message
Hello from Steved

If the cell has an 0 as a value what is required please to make it blank.

=SUMPRODUCT(('Planned Kilometres'!$A$4:$A$109=1)*('Planned
Kilometres'!$B$4:$B$109="P")*'Planned Kilometres'!$AC$4:$AF$109).

Thankyou.