Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pdberger pdberger is offline

Default Array

Jack --

An array is simply a table of information. There are much more technical
approaches, but that's it in a nutshell. Excel has lots of formulas designed
to extract information from tables of information -- lookup formulas,
index/match, sumproduct, and many more.

It also has a tool called an 'array formula', which is also called 'CSE'
because you press ctrl-shift-enter. Suppose you had two columns of data and
wanted to find the lowest ratio between the different row entries. You would
use a CSE formula to compute that, something like =MIN(A1:A10/B1:B10),
entered by pressing Ctrl-Shift-Enter at the same time. Try it.

HTH

"Jack" wrote:

Can someone please explain to me how to make an array and what it is used
for, I have not been able to understand this concept when using excel.