Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JF JF is offline

Default Protect Drop-down list from range of cells

I know that if the drop-down list is formed from cells within the worksheet,
only those options can be used and no other text may be typed where the
drop-down list is formatted. However, I have 10 sheets with different
purposes, all utilizing the same entries in a drop-down menu. I've taken all
the same entries and put them into their own seperate worksheet at the end,
labeled the range, and have set all worksheet drop-downs to use this range of
cells for options.

Is there any way to protect the cells this way from not being typed in? It
seems that if the dropdown uses a range from a different worksheet, the cells
are not protected at all.