David McRitchie

See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/pathname.htm

Since this is not a programming group:
File, Page setup, header/footer, date icon to left of clock
but that produces your short date from your Regional Setting
in the control panel.

I have Excel 2000, I don't know about later versions but
you would need a macro to format date as you want.
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightHeader = Format(now(),"mmm dd, yyyy")
If you also want to spell out the day of the week also include ddd or dddd

Some examples under
Using Workbook_BeforePrint to automate printing of heading/footing (#beforeprint)
at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...me#beforeprint
---
HTH,

"FemOkie" wrote in message ...
I want to format the date in the header of my worksheet as "mmm dd, yyyy"
Thanks