Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Esra[_3_] Esra[_3_] is offline

Default Finding date of the month

I never thought that such as simple question could turn out to be so
hard. It must be how i am describing it.

In cell A1 I want to enter a month, i guess i will have to also put a
year, not sure how i would ebnter that but am open to suggestions.
Then in the subsequent 31 cells below a1, i wish the dates to be put.
I would like format for date to be Tuesday 1st April. I dont need the
year, but realise I will have to have that there to tell what day of
the week it is.

eg:

April
Tuesday 1st April
Wednesday 2nd April
Thiursday 3rd April
,,,
,,,
,,,
,,,
Thuirsday, 30 April

I realise only 30 days in April and not 31, but can manually delete
unrequired dates

Does that make sense now?

Sorry about confusion.

Esra
TIA

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 21:16:01 -0700, Teethless mama
wrote:

In A2: =TEXT(DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH($A$1&1),ROW(A1)),"m/d/yyyy")

"Esra" wrote:

anybody got any ideas how i can display a lit of dates in cells a2:a32
that are the dates of the month in cell a1?