Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Lookup

Tough for me to visualize your set-up. And you seem to have expanded the
scope of your original query.

Can you upload your sample* and post a link to it here?
*desensitized as appropriate

You could use:
http://www.freefilehosting.net/

Copy the direct link which is generated after you upload your sample,
then paste it into your reply here
--
Max
Singapore
"Michael Croy" wrote in message
Hi Max

Thanks, I think I'm getting close. I need to better describe my issue:

One sheet 1, I want to enter the number of payments (3 choices) in cell
G7.
Also on sheet 1, I want to enter the age in cell K7.
Then I'm going to calculate a payment in cell E19. To calculate the
payment, I need to multiply a total price (cell E17) by the result of the
lookup.

The lookup is on sheet 2. The table has Age in column A. Row 1 B, C and
have the three payment choices. I want the formula in cell E19 of sheet 1
look at the table on sheet 2, and return a value based on the age and
payment
information listed in sheet 1's K7 and G7 cells.

I seem to be able to look up and populate other tables, but not have a
variable that changes based on the input I make into the age and payment
number cells.

Can you help with that?