Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AJ[_3_] AJ[_3_] is offline

Default Extract "Does not equal" data

On Mar 31, 12:42*pm, "Bernard Liengme"
wrote:
Oops, I was to quick for my own good!
Use =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,$D$1:$D$9,1,FALSE)),"X","")
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVPhttp://people.stfx.ca/bliengme

"sam" wrote in message

Good morning -

Have searched this and can't quite figure it out.

I have a column containing 1122 numbers. They are unique numbers.

I have another column that contains 359 of those 1122 numbers. How can I
determine which are the remaining 763 numbers. In other words, " not equal
to" the 359 numbers.

Auto filter won't work; I can't copy in the 359 numbers after using the
"Does Not Equal" filter in the Custom box from the Drop-down Autofilter
menu.

I am stumped! Thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer. I'll keep a
close eye on this post for responses.

sam- Hide quoted text -

Suggestion: wouldn't the unmatched items be produced more directly in
Col.B by just changing the "x" to A1 in the 2nd formula as follows:
Use=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,$D1$:$D$9,1,FALSE)),A1,"")
.....AJ