Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Passing Dates criteria in MS Query

You are correct with the square brackets but you need to add the prompt text
between the brackets

[Start Date] and [End Date]

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"RW" wrote:

I am trying to use MS Query to briong back data from DB2 tables. I have the
query set up in the design view. I have several sets of criteria.

Field1 = '1'
Field2 = 'Y'
Test Date Between #2/1/08# and #2/29/08

The query runs and returns the correct data.

However, I need the dates to equal 2 cells on a worksheet. I have tried
using Between [ ] and [ ] as well as Between #[ ]# and #[ ]# but neither
works.

The sql shows the date criteria as
Between {d '2008-02-01'} and {d '2008-02-29'}

I have even tried to replace the '2008-02-01' and '2008-02-29' with [ ] and
also with ? without success.

What is the proper syntax to initiate the prompts so that I can set the
parameters on cells on an excel spreadsheet?

TIA