Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Extract "Does not equal" data

Your 1122 are in a1:A1122
The 359 are in D1:D359
In B1 enter =IF(ISNA(LOOKUP(A1,$D$1:$D$359)),"X","")
Copy down column
All number that are not in the short list get an X in B
Use Edit | Paste Special - Value on B
Sort A: B using B as the sort key
Of filter on B
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"sam" wrote in message
Good morning -

Have searched this and can't quite figure it out.

I have a column containing 1122 numbers. They are unique numbers.

I have another column that contains 359 of those 1122 numbers. How can I
determine which are the remaining 763 numbers. In other words, " not equal
to" the 359 numbers.

Auto filter won't work; I can't copy in the 359 numbers after using the
"Does Not Equal" filter in the Custom box from the Drop-down Autofilter
menu.

I am stumped! Thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer. I'll keep a
close eye on this post for responses.

sam