Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Default Match or identify if a product is in a list

Presume your "next sheet" is Sheet2, with company names in row1 across,
products listed in row2 down

In Sheet1,
Put in B2:
= --(COUNTIF(OFFSET(Sheet2!$A:$A,,MATCH(B$1,Sheet2!$1: $1,0)-1),$A2)0)
Copy B2 across/fill down to last row of data in col A
--
Max
Singapore
"widman" wrote:
I have a list of 6000 products in column A of sheet 1of a workbook. In the
next sheet I have a column of those 50 products company X uses, 130 products
that company Y uses, etc.
If I add the column headings for each company to sheet 1, how can I bring to
that column something (like the number "1") if that product is used by the
company in that column?