Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default Show series name on the chart - but not at every data point

Hi,

You need to do it with two clicks. First click will select the series. The
second click should be the data point you want the data label applied to.
You could try using the keyboard if that makes it easier.
http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip003.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"RSunday" wrote in message
Thanks Andy,

your step-by-step guide is very good - but for my purpose I just want to
do
the individual series manually.

But how exactly do I "select the individual point" and "apply the data
label"? When I click the last point - the format menu for the entire
series
pops up.

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

To do this manually first select the series and then select the
individual
point. Now apply data labels.

With VBA code have a look at Jon Peltier's page
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/LabelLastPoint.html

With dummy data series see
http://www.andypope.info/charts/Labellast.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"RSunday" wrote in message
I want to show the name of the data series on the chart - but only
once.
If
I check "Series name" in the "Format data series" "Data Labels" tab -
then
it
shows at every data point - I only want it at e.g. the last.

How is that done?