Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
RSunday RSunday is offline

Default Show series name on the chart - but not at every data point

Thanks Andy,

your step-by-step guide is very good - but for my purpose I just want to do
the individual series manually.

But how exactly do I "select the individual point" and "apply the data
label"? When I click the last point - the format menu for the entire series
pops up.

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

To do this manually first select the series and then select the individual
point. Now apply data labels.

With VBA code have a look at Jon Peltier's page
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/LabelLastPoint.html

With dummy data series see
http://www.andypope.info/charts/Labellast.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"RSunday" wrote in message
I want to show the name of the data series on the chart - but only once.
If
I check "Series name" in the "Format data series" "Data Labels" tab - then
it
shows at every data point - I only want it at e.g. the last.

How is that done?