Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
HollieH HollieH is offline

Default Flipping data - columns to rows and visa versa

HA! That would have been an interesting spreadsheet.

Thank you for the term "transpose" which I found in Help and am able to move
forward.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

I think you meant 90 degrees rather than 45 degrees.

CopyPaste SpecialTranspose perhaps?

Note: with 2003 you can transpose only 256 rows to columns

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 17:54:00 -0700, HollieH
wrote:

Is there a way to "flip" my data so that the columns become rows and the rows
become columns? In other words, I have a spreadsheet that has employee data
listed for each employee vertically down the column. I can not sort vertical
data so I want to rotate it 45 degrees so that it is listed horizontally like
a normal spreadsheet would be. Is there any way to somewhat easily do this
in Excel? I have 07 at work and 03 at home. Either will work for the
project I am working on. Thanks for ANY help !