Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Remove Space in Cells

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 09:24:01 -0700, Rebecca
wrote:

Greetings, again. I hope I'm not getting too annoying by posting so often,
but I can't solve this problem on my own. I am using MS Excel 2007. I have a
column with cells full of text, the word count of which is of various length.
The cells are aligned (horizontal) left (indent) and (vertical) top. The text
control is wrap text.

The problem is that some cells have spaces between the end of the text in
the above cell and the beginning of the next cell below. To help visualize
this:
___________________________
For score and seven years ago
our forefathers brought forth....

To be or not to be ....

But I want the cells to look like this:

For score and seven years ago
our forefathers brought forth....
To be or not to be ....

Format autofit row height does not remove this extra space at the bottom of
some cells. Do any of the experts have any suggestions? Please remember that
most of the cells are OK. That is, there is no waste of space between the
cells. Thanks.

It may be that your column is just a wee bit too narrow, so first widen it just
a bit; then select the cell or row, click the Home tab, click Format in the
Cells group, and then click AutoFit Row Height.

--ron