Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default VLOOKUP

If you're using xl2007, you could look at =iferror().

If you're using xl2003 or below, you can look twice:

=if(isna(vlookup(...)),0,vlookup(...))

Clay_TX wrote:

My first time to use this site, but looks like Pete_UK could probably help me
out.

I have an array which contains two columns, a text string in the first and
numeric values in the second. My problem is since I want to use 'exact'
match, VLOOKUP returns #na when not found. I need the return value to always
be numeric 0 if not found, rather than the #na, as the cells populated by the
formula are totaled, and =sum does not work with any #na value in the column.

Is there a way of making VLOOKUP do what I need, or some other
function/formula which would work instead.

Thanks,
--
Clay

--