Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default Cumulative days roll-over

Format the cell as [h]:mm.

The square brackets around the h tell it to display the hours instead of
thinking it is the next day.

Go into number format-time-custom and enter the format as above.

OssieMac

"John MacAllister" wrote:

Hello. I have a simple spreadsheet that tracks my running. I enter the
miles run and elapsed time in two columns. The format in the time column is
hh:mm:ss. Two more columns track cumulative distance and cumulative time.
The format used in the cumulative time cell is d hh:mm. Once the total
cumulative time reaches 31 23:59, the next cell returns:
1 hh:mm instead of 32 hh:mm. Am I doing something wrong? Many thanks.
John