Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Magnus[_2_] Magnus[_2_] is offline

Default Text above bars in chart

Thank you Andy,

Well, using vba feels a little bit overkill for the users that wants this
behavior.
Is there any way to get the text above each bar even if it will be wrapped
or truncated?

Regards Magnus

"Andy Pope" wrote in message

The first problem you are going to have is that data labels will not
display that amount of text in a single line. Instead you will need to add
text boxes. So, unless you do it all manually, you will have to use vba. I
have some code for replacing Axis label which you maybe able to adapt.
http://www.andypope.info/vba/Axislabel_textboxes.htm

If you add a row between each of your statements and stagger the rows text
and values it should work, with a little alteration to the position of the
textbox.

I would suggest using a 2d rather than 3d chart and trying to short the
statements.

Cheers
Andy

Magnus wrote:
Hi,

Text that you usally have to the left of a bar chart, I'm trying to put
above each bar instead.
Visit the link below for a view of what I mean, and to get example
numbers.
http://www.mikla.nu/chartbars/chartbars.htm

Best Regards
/Magnus