Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PCLIVE PCLIVE is offline

Default formula to match

You didn't specify the false condition.

Do you just want the "MM" copied over to C (use formula below)? I hope so,
because if you want everything in A copied over, then based on your request,
the A column will be copied over regardless of whether or not "MM" is found
or not.

=IF(LEFT(A2,2)="MM","MM",A2)

HTH,
Paul

--

"Pammy" wrote in message
I have 2 columns (A and B) and in column C, I want a formula that will look
at Column A and in each cell and where it finds an MM....... I want this
moved to column C, but if it does not find an MM, I want what ever is in
the
cell of A column moved over to C.
I have used:

=IF(LEFT(A2,2)="MM",A2)
but it brings back a false in column C if it doesn't find an MM.