Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default numbers appear different after hitting enter

If numbers you type do not exceed 15 digits, just pre-format the cells to
SpecialZipcode

If more than 15 digits, type an apostrophe before entering the digits.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 14:56:01 -0700, cb wrote:

Yes I am enterting more numbers than 11 so how do I change it People tell me
to click on format cells number and they dont say to do anything else.
so if i choose custom what do i choose
i am sending tracking numbers for shipping so i am not adding anything
just to show these numbers
"Bill Kuunders" wrote:

If the cell is formatted as general a number with more than 11 digits will
be displayed in the scientific format.
You can show a max of 15 digits but anything above 11 must be formatted as
number or custom not general.
--
Greetings from New Zealand

"cb" wrote in message
TYPING NUMBERS IN A CELL
WHEN I GO TO ANOTHER CELL THE NUMBERS APPEAR DIFFERENT AND WITH + SIGNS
LIKE
THIS 5.63209E+11
HOW DO I CLEAR IT ?