Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Why do my numbers keep going down decimal places?

I am sort of an accounting type and IMO it is just a pain...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

tools|options|edit tab|uncheck that Fixed Decimal places stuff.

It's a nice feature if you're entering lots of currency and don't want to take
time to actually type the decimal point.

But for us non-accounting types, it's a pain!

Excell2002ishard wrote:

Whenever I post any number in Excell 2002 it goes down exactly two decimal
places and rounds.
For example, I post 8 and it shows up as 0. Clicking the cell reveals that
it has changed into 0.08. Please help!

--

Dave Peterson