Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Finance Guru Finance Guru is offline

Default A question of two inputs

Hi there. I am currently running Excel 2007.
I have the following problem.

Col A Col B
(Account no. ) Customer
2200 Zanzibar Limited
1595 Gator Enterprises

If I input an Account no. in a cell in Col A the adjacent cell in Col B is
populated with Customer Name against the Account no. via a Lookup Function.
Great so far.

However The Account number is not always known for inout purposes ,therefore
how can I in Col B search for the Customer name and if found populate the
Customer name cell and the Account no. cell with the correct info. ( a
reverse of inputting the Account no. ) I can't see how this can be done
without destroying the formalas in the input Cell ... but there are those
amongst you who will probably say ..... Easy

All offers of help greatfully received.
Finance Guru.