Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RKS RKS is offline

Default sumif with 3 condition

Once again thanks Pete_uk.
You are right. I wants all in One formula. my summary report is like this

PM Buyer <------Qty--------
Air Ship Total
I can use PM and Buyer dropdown list and wants one formula (with all
condition) in air and ship column.

so I need one formula. I know its complicated.
please help me.
RKS

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Well, the easiest way is to just omit that condition from the formula,
so that if you are not bothered about the value of Pm or Mode, for
example, then the formula is:

=SUMPRODUCT((B2:B5="XX")*(D2:D5))

If you want to pick up when Pm = "AA" and Buyer ="XX", then you would
have a formula:

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A5="AA")*(B2:B5="XX")*(D2:D5))

If you wanted this to happen in one formula automatically, then you
would have to put the values of Pm, Buyer and Mode in 3 cells
somewhere and then have the composite formula refer to those cells. It
would have several IFs to cover all possible combinations of the 3
variables (or empty). Post back if this is what you really want.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 26, 12:40 pm, RKS wrote:
Thanks Pete_uk for reply

You are right.
I wants that if we don't specify a value for Pm, or Buyer, or Mode, then
formula to automatically disregard that condition.
I can show u example which we wants like this. all condition is running and
give result same which we show u.

if Condition_1 is null, condition_2=XX and condition_3 is null Result is 300
if Condition_1 is AA, condition_2=XX and condition_3 is null Result is 200
if Condition_1 is AA, condition_2=XX and condition_3 is AIR Result is 100

thanks and waiting your reply.
RKS

"Pete_UK" wrote:
Normally when you want to do a conditional sum you want all the
conditions satisfied, i.e. IF Pm="AA" AND Buyer="XX" AND mode="AIR"
THEN add the corresponding Qty. You would have a formula like this
(based on your sample):

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A5="AA")*(B2:B5="XX")*(C2:C5="AIR" )*(D2:D5))

This would give a result of 100.

However, you seem to be suggesting that if you don't specify a value
for Pm, or Buyer, or Mode, then you want the formula to automatically
disregard that condition - is this what you want?

Pete

On Mar 26, 5:34 am, RKS wrote:
Thanks Pete_uk for ur reply. Its working but result are wrong. please see my
condition

1. if condition_1 and condition_2 is null or blank then it will
calculate sum of whole qty (range_to_sum) with condition_3 only. means if any
condition is blank or null it will not consider.
DATA SAMPLE
pm buyer mode qty Condition_1 = Pm Condition_2 = buyer
AA XX AIR 100 Condition_3 = mode
BB YY AIR 100
AA YY AIR 100
CC XX AIR 100
AA XX SHIP 100

if Condition_1 is null, condition_2=XX and condition_3 is null Result is 300
if Condition_1 is AA, condition_2=XX and condition_3 is null Result is 200
if Condition_1 is AA, condition_2=XX and condition_3 is AIR Result is 100
I THINK NOW ITS CLEAR. PLEASE HELP ME. IF ANY OTHER WAY TELL ME.

THANKS
RKS

"Pete_UK" wrote:
You can use SUMPRODUCT - the general form is:

=SUMPRODUCT((condition_1)*(condition_2)*(condition _3)*(range_to_sum))

so your first formula could be written as:

=SUMPRODUCT(('data'!$F$6:$F$115=C2)*('data'!$AX$6: $AX
$115="Air")*('data'!$L$6:$L$Â*115))

Perhaps you can see how to extend this to suit your new requirements..

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 25, 1:00 pm, RKS wrote:
Hi all

I have protect excel sheet1, which we have enter data in many column.
I have create another sheet2 for summery. here we have use 2 criteria like
Buyer and mode (ship or air)
its working fine.
C D E
buyer air_qty sea_qty
XX 100 200

In Column D
=SUM(IF('data'!$F$6:$F$115=C2,IF('data'!$AX$6:$AX$ 115="Air",'data'!$L$6:$L$Â*Â*Â*115,0),0))
In Column E
=SUM(IF('data'!$F$6:$F$115=C2,IF('data'!$AX$6:$AX$ 115="Sea",'data'!$L$6:$L$Â*Â*Â*115,0),0))

Its working fine. now I want add another criteria like PM in column B
(Production Manager) and in data sheet
PM column is E.

condition 1. If pm is Nill then sum qty buyerwise and mode wise respectively
condition 2. if Pm is given and buyer is null then sum Qty PM and Mode wise
respectively
condition 3. if Pm is given and buyer is given then sum of quantity PM,
buyer and Mode wise

B C D E
pm buyer air_qty sea_qty
XX 100 200

how can change formula or any other ways please help me

Thanks in advance
RKS- Hide quoted text -