Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
sahafi sahafi is offline

Default Line Chart Format (Actual vs. Forecast)

Thanks Jon. That trick worked. But one thing, how can I connect the two lines
together? my actual goes down to week 12 and my forecast starts on week 13.
On the graph there's space between the points 12 and 13. I have tried to move
the forecst data up one row to start at 12, but that didn't help either.

Thanks.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Make the chart with two series. Put all the dates in column A, put the
actuals in column B down to some date with blanks below, put the forecast in
column C from that date downward with blanks above. Plot this data, format
the two series the way you want them to appear (one solid, one dashed). As
you add an actual value, delete a forecast value. The chart keeps up
automatically.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"sahafi" wrote in message
I have a line chart with weekly data for 2 years. Weeks on the X axis and
Pounds on the Y axis. They represents actual and forecasted pounds. I need
show the first portion of the line (actual) with solid color while the
rest
of the line (forecast) with dotted line. We are talking about one single
line
for production. How can I accomplish this? I don't want to do it manually.
I'd rather have it changes automatically every week when the actual data
override the forecasted data.

Thanks.

sahafi