Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Barb Reinhardt Barb Reinhardt is offline

Default #Ref! error using INDIRECT for file name

Some functions don't work unless the workbook containing the info needed is
opened. I"m not sure if this is one of the. Open it and check.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"Bentam7" wrote:

I'm having trouble with the following formula

=INDIRECT("'S:\14 Finance\SALES\07-08\[Week "&$B41&" 07-08.xls]Summary'!d118")

where $b41 refers to a cell with a week number in it. When ever I open this
file it returns a #Ref! error unless I open this particular file references
in the formula. I need to do this everytime the file is opened, iot doesn't
save the values like a link. I tried putting this formula in a SUMPRODUCT()
but it made no differnce. Any ideas?