Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Hide blank data

But presumably there may be valid data which would give a sum of zero?

If the OP doesn't want an answer until data is entered in all 3 input cells,
then perhaps:
=IF(COUNT(F7,-D8,E8)=3,SUM(F7,-D8,E8),"")
--
David Biddulph

"FSt1" wrote in message
hi
try this...
=IF(SUM(F7,-D8,E8)=0,"",SUM(F7,-D8,E8))

regards
FST1

"OceanMat" wrote:

I have a simple spreadsheet that lists credits/debits and balance in 3
columns
I want to have a running total in the balance column.
How can I keep the formula for each cell but not show it as say £0.00,
until
it is actually populated with valid data
Currently the formula is =SUM(F7,-D8,E8)
D column is debits, E column is credits, F column is balance

Thanks
Mat