Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech[_2_] Jim Rech[_2_] is offline

Default How do I prevent 2007 to 2003 Conversion?

If your problem is that double-clicked XLSs open in Excel 2007 rather than
2003 then reset you file association by using Start-Run and enter your full
path to Excel 2003 like this:

C:\<Full path\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE /regserver

Note the space before the slash. This will run for 30 seconds or so and
then you should be good to go until the association get set back which seems
to happen every so often.

This has nothing to do with the compatibility pack which allows you to open
XLSX files in Excel 2003.

--
Jim