Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sue Sue is offline

Default Position insertion point at beginning of cell when editing

Nope - that just takes me to the beginning of the last line of text.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

F2 then Home will take you to the beginning of the cell text.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:35:06 -0700, Sue wrote:

Wow, that was fast! Thanks for the prompt response. Unfortunately, the
contents of some of the cells are so large, that the formula bar does not fit
in the height of a maximized Excel window. So, once I click in the formula
bar, I have to hold down the up arrow key until I get to the top, then hit
the Home key to get to the beginning of the top line. A little slow when
you're trying to capture updates during a meeting... ;-)

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Just click in the formula bar rather than pressing F2 - you decide
where to click.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 25, 7:49 pm, Sue wrote:
I'm trying to find some way to quickly position the insertion point at the
beginning of a cell when it is edited, rather than at the end. I have a
spreadsheet where we need to enter a large amount of text into some of the
cells (so large that it is necessary to scroll in the cell to see it all),
and the only way I can get to the beginning is to use the up arrow key to
scroll to the top. I know that F2 will edit the cell starting at the end -
is there an equivalent for starting at the beginning?

Thanks,
Sue