Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
904allen 904allen is offline

Default Dates

Thanks Pete I'm close. the penalty amount is a formula fot that year. each
year the penalty amt changes. Thats why I listed each year from the first day
to the last. the problem is I need to list each year in order to calculate
the penalty. the penalty is broken down by wks and days, the penalty is
different for the days then for the wks thats why the wks and days are
showen. if i can have the user just enter the From_Date to the To_Date that
will save me from having to make up a new work sheet each year. there are
many other calculations on this sheet for other areas not relate.

"904allen" wrote:

I have a sheet that figures dates, it can go back 3 years the user now puts
in the dates for each year needed, it looks like this
4/1/05 to 12/31/05 penalty amt. 39wks 2days Year2005
1/1/06 to 12/31 06 penalty amt. 52wks 1 day Year2006
1/1/07 to 12/31/06 penalty amt. 52wks 1 day Year2007
1/1/08 to 4/1/08 penalty amt. 13wks 1 day Year2008
what I would like to be able to do is change the sheet to have the user only
have to put in the date from to the date to and have the sheet formulate the
rest. The dates don't always go back 3 years it can go back any amount of
time but not longer then 3 years. I not sure how to proceed can any you
steer me in the right direction.