KemS

Default Match + Index(?) Question

I have a worksheet as follows:
March 30, 2005 Mar
Jan 1
Feb 2
Mar 3
Apr 4
May 5
Jun 6
Jul 7
Aug 8
Sep 9
Oct 10
Nov 11
Dec 12

where A1 is =today() and delivers the current date
where B1 = text(A1,"mmm") which extracts "MAR" from the date

in another cell, say D1, I have a formula =MATCH(B2,A2:A12,0) to deliver the
month "number" to use elsewhere in a formula (an annualization formula where
the YTD value is divided by the month number, then multiplied by 12). In
this case, it delivers 3. Now the puzzle: I only want the month number to
increase, say from 2 to 3, only after the 30th of the month. Example: March
29 delivers "2", and March 30 delivers "3". I tried using text to extract
the "dd" but it failed. Any ideas?

Kem