Brian Allen - McKEOWN INC.

Chip, this worked, but I had to make one change. I had to take the
underscore out. I am using Office 2003, so that may be the difference. Now
to see if it works on an Office XP install as is or if XP wants that
underscore.

Thanks again!

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

Press ALT+F11 to open the VBA Editor, the press CTRL+R to view
the Project Explorer. This will display a tree view window on the
left side of the VBA screen. Find your workbook in the tree
view, expand that node, and expand the "Microsoft Excel Objects"
node. Double click the ThisWorkbook to open that code module. In
that code module, paste the following code:

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterHeader = "This file was prepared by "
& _
Environ("username") & " on &D at &T"
End Sub

Close the VBA Editor from the File menu. This code will execute
automatically when you print the workbook.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Brian Allen - McKEOWN INC." <Brian Allen - McKEOWN
wrote in message
Chip,

Thanks for the info, but copying and pasting that didn't
work..as I didn't
think it would. I don't have any VBA background and I'm
presuming that it is
VBA.

Any other ideas or how can I make this work with my little
programming
knowledge?

Thanks again!

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

Brian,

Try something like

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterFooter = "This file was prepared
by "
& _
Environ("username") & " on &D at &T"

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"Brian Allen - McKEOWN INC." <Brian Allen - McKEOWN
wrote in message
I'm trying to put the user name in a footer and can't figure
it
out.

I want "This file was prepared by 'username' on &[Date} at
&[Time].". But I
can't get the username in there. I've tried everything I
can
think of from
system variables to system variables with an & and things
that
just shouldn't
work (and didn't).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.