Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sue Sue is offline

Default Position insertion point at beginning of cell when editing

Wow, that was fast! Thanks for the prompt response. Unfortunately, the
contents of some of the cells are so large, that the formula bar does not fit
in the height of a maximized Excel window. So, once I click in the formula
bar, I have to hold down the up arrow key until I get to the top, then hit
the Home key to get to the beginning of the top line. A little slow when
you're trying to capture updates during a meeting... ;-)

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Just click in the formula bar rather than pressing F2 - you decide
where to click.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 25, 7:49 pm, Sue wrote:
I'm trying to find some way to quickly position the insertion point at the
beginning of a cell when it is edited, rather than at the end. I have a
spreadsheet where we need to enter a large amount of text into some of the
cells (so large that it is necessary to scroll in the cell to see it all),
and the only way I can get to the beginning is to use the up arrow key to
scroll to the top. I know that F2 will edit the cell starting at the end -
is there an equivalent for starting at the beginning?

Thanks,
Sue