Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Count If combined functions

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT((Date_Message_Left=DATE(2008,3,22))*( Date_Message_Left<=DATE(2008,3,29))*(Region=1))

Ensure that the two named ranges have the same number of elements (but
not complete columns).

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 25, 4:48*pm, Betty H wrote:
Excel 2003. I have a call log with the date call was received in a range
named "Date_Message_Left" fomatted as mm/dd/yyyy, and the Region number in a
range called "Region". *The region values are only 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. *I want
a summary of calls to each region that were received in a given week. *So if
the region number is 1 and the date is between March 22, 2008 and March 29,
2008, then count it. Some cells in both ranges will be blank until new call
is logged.

I hope this is enough information. Trying to keep it short but still provide
enough info.
--
Betty H
Salem, OR