Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Mandi Mandi is offline

Default I'm cluesless - need help with "functions"?

I'm trying to transcribe information from timecards to a spreadsheet. The
person who designed the spreadsheet for me only put in equations to row 46
(not nearly enough). Heres an idea of what it looks like since I am too
uneducated on this program to know how to describe it. Cell A4 looks like
this : =IF(B3="","",B3)
A46 says, =IF(B45="","",B45). My question is: Is there a way to just
automatically put the next line's equation in, or do I have to type it all
out? Seems to me that would just double my work load. (i.e. A46 says
=IF(B45="","",B45) I want A47 to automatically say =IF(B46="","",B46)) Is
there a way to make that happen? He also set it up so that when I typed in a
date (i.e. 1/3) it would convert it into the day of the week in the next
column - is there a way to continue that on down the page? Ack!! I think
I'm even more confused now than I was 10 minutes ago. Please help. Thanks
so much in advance.