Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Calculating Hours and minutes

There's no need for another thread, If someone knows the answer you'll get it
in the first one.
It wont let me calculate over say 1000hours

What does this mean with cells formatted as [hh]:mm I can add up hours in
excess of 1000. What formula are you using?

As an example all formatted as [hh]:mm

a1=1100:58
b1=900:24
c1=A1+b1 gives an answer of 2001:22

Mike

"Nick" wrote:

actually i am trying to count hours by adding an amount to my total every 7
days. it started at 0 and is now 200hrs and 30 mins. i want to add how long
it was used onto this total every week.
It wont let me calculate over say 1000hours

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

=B1-A1
format as [hh]:mm

earlier date and time In A1

Mike

"Nick" wrote:

I am needing to calculate how long an item was used for using hours and
minutes.
Is there a formula or format that will let me do this.
The total will go into thousands of hours.
And i cannot have days or seconds, must only be hours and minutes in my
spreadsheet.

Can anyone help