Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tom Hutchins Tom Hutchins is offline

Default how do you force a new line in a formula in Excel?

You can use CHAR(10) in your Concatenate function, like this:
=CONCATENATE("First line",CHAR(10),"Second line")

You also need to format the cell to allow text wrapping, or the linefeed
character will appear as a little square box.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"JeffRI" wrote:

I'm trying to use the CONCATENATE function but I also want to force a
'return' in the function/formula as if entering data into a cell and using
ALT+ENTER to force a new line. Can this be done?