Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cimjet[_2_] Cimjet[_2_] is offline

Default Fill background color automatically by typing a letter in a cell

Hi Myke
Go to FormatConditional FormattingCondition 1 Cell Value is Open
second window and select " equal to " third window type in ="v" then press
Format and Tab Patern and select colour .

Press button Add a second Condition will appear, do the same but in the
third window type ="s" and Format with a different colour.
Regards
Cimjet
"Myke" wrote in message
I know this is do-able, as I've seen it before. I just don't know how to do
it. What I'm trying to do is create an excel spreadsheet for vacations
here
at work, where the cells will automatically fill in with a pre-determined
fill/background color when the text letter "V" (for vacation day) is
entered
in the cell. It would also be neat to know if another letter, say "S" (for
planned sick/doctors appointment) would work the same way and the cell
change
a different color when an employee entered "S".

All I'm trying to do is to highlight the background fill color of cells
automatically when a specific letter is typed into a cell. Thanks very
much
in advance for any help you can give here.