Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default track team meet sheet

Anne,

Sorry - Just one change, in the function definition and in how it is used.

Public Function WhatFilter(myR As Range) As String
instead of
Public Function WhatFilter() As String

and in cell A1, enter

=WhatFilter(A2:?????)

where the ????? is the lower right cell of your table.

If you can't get this to work, I will send you a working version.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"AnneF" wrote in message
This is probably something that should be easy to do, but I am having a
block...

I am a track coach, and I want to be able to have my alphabetical roster
displayed to post for a meet with the events the kids are entered in listed
in a chart next to their names.

I want to be able to take this chart and be able to list the events along
with all the kids that are entered. I'd like to be able to go back and forth
between these as I change the line ups so kids aren't entered in too many
events.

Here is a small example of what I would like to have the two charts look
like. It wouldn't have to be exactly like this, but similar:

Anderson 100 200 LJ
Brady LJ Shot
Chavez 100 200 LJ 4x100
Dobie Shot 100