Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default RIGHT function

=RIGHT(K2,LEN(K2)-FIND(",",K2,1)-1)

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Help" wrote in message
In one column I have City State and Zip info. In a nearby column I am
attempting to extract data simply the state and zip. For example in the
first column I have "Clanton, AL 35045". I am attempting to simply put
"AL
35045" In a second column. The function I am using is
"=RIGHT(C2,FIND(",",C6,1)". The way I understand this is that I am
telling
it to extract everything after the comma. The function works for all
information in cities with seven letters (like Clanton). For all cities
with
more or less letters it doesn't function properly (more likely I wrote the
function wrong!). For exammple "Tuscaloosa, AL 35404" extracts as "a, AL
65404" Anyone show me what I am doing wrong here?! Thanks