Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Save as CSV File

Here are three sites that you could steal some code from:

Earl Kiosterud's Text Write program:
www.smokeylake.com/excel
(or directly: http://www.smokeylake.com/excel/text_write_program.htm)

Chip Pearson's:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm

J.E. McGimpsey's:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html

(or maybe you could build your own formula and copy|paste into Notepad.)

Check out Earl's Text Write program first. It may do exactly what you want
right out of the box.

Misstct wrote:

I noticed some strings about getting rid of quotes. I want to get them.
I would like to save my list as as CSV file, BUT I want quotes and commas. I
only get commas. I went to help and was told I can do it in Visual Basics;
however, I do not know how to use the Visual Basic Editor. Is there
somewhere where I can get exactly what I need?

--

Dave Peterson