Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
artemis artemis is offline

Default Excel 2007 - copying charts to Word problem

Mike, Yes to the Excel 2003 commands. In Excel 2007 I have tried every
combination of Copy as Picture and in Word 2007 every combination of
Paste and Paste Special.

Adrienne

On Mar 24, 7:53*am, "Mike Middleton" wrote:
artemis *-

Please verify:

InExcel2003, you select the cells, hold down the Shift key, and choose
Edit |CopyPicture(As shown on screen,Picture). In Word 2003, at an
insertion point, you choose Edit | Paste. Or, in Word2007, you choose Home
| (Clipboard) Paste.

InExcel2007, you select the cells, choose Home | (Clipboard) Paste | AsPicture|CopyasPicture(As shown on screen,Picture). In Word 2003, at an
insertion point, you choose Edit | Paste. Or, in Word2007, you choose Home
| (Clipboard) Paste.

- *Mike Middletonhttp://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins forExcel

"artemis" wrote in message

By way of background, there are multiple charts on a page, with a
separate header which is apicture. The charts have no borders and
'float' on a grid which is the same colour as the chart area. The grid
has borders roundgroupsof cells and these form the borders for the
charts. (This makes it easy to line up charts - otherwise a very
frustrating business. It also makes it easy to resize all charts at
once by selecting all rows or all columns and adjusting them all
together, eg to fit to a page.) I select the underlying grid, together
with the charts on top and thepictureheader - that whole thing is
what I want to paste. There are usually about 10 charts to a page -
each row has some text on the left hand side, a pie and a column
chart.

InExcel2003 I've usedcopyaspicturewith no issues at all - all
copies over to Word perfectly. In2007most of the charts drop off
when pasted across to Word, usually two sets of charts remain with the
remaining 'picture' just the blank / coloured underlying grid of
cells. The text on the left hand side and the headercopyover fine.

I've tried all the combinations ofCopyasPicture/ Paste Special
with no luck.

At the moment, am getting round this by pasting two sets of charts at
a time into Word. Painful, and results in a gap between the sets of
two which looks odd.

Any advice gratefully received.

Adrienne- Hide quoted text -