Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default automatic alerts in excell

But in that case you don't need the IF(...,1,0)
You are looking for a TRUE/ FALSE Boolean condition, so all you need is:

=DATE(YEAR(B2)+1,MONTH(B2),DAY(B2))TODAY()
--
David Biddulph

"FSt1" wrote in message
hi
you can also use conditional formatintg.
on the menu bar...
Formatconditional format...
formaula is...=IF(DATE(YEAR(B2)+1,MONTH(B2),DAY(B2))TODAY( ),1,0)...
pick your cell color.

then in 1 year from the data of last refresher, the cell will turn color
alerting you that a refresher is due.

Regards
FSt1

"PK" wrote:

I am responsible for peoples training therefore I am required to monitor
when
refreshment courses are due. For this I would like to create an excel
dtabase
in to which I can place a date in one cell and then when a set periods
has
passed I am informed that a refresher is due.
for example.
E3 may contain the date for which an individual first attended a course
i.e. 21st Oct 2007.I the would then like cell F3 to show 'Refresher Due'
once
12 months had passed. In the mean time I would like cell F3 to be blanc.
realise that I may have to have a Cell, A1 for example with 'todays date'
in
to give F3 a reference.can this be done?
Thank you for your help.
--
pk