Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] curiousgeorge408@hotmail.com is offline

Default How to rename workbook that I am editing without saving?

I know that I can rename a workbook that I am editing using Save As.

Is there any way to rename it without saving it?

Ideally, a "command". Alternatively, a macro.

After saving a workbook (ctrl-S), I want to "play" with it without
risking overwriting the saved file. I don't want to go to the trouble
of closing it, setting the read-only option on the file, and reopening
it. And I would prefer not to save another copy of the workbook under
a bogus name, which is the only way I know of to change the name (and
the file) of the workbook.

ActiveWorkbook.Name and ActiveWorkbook.ReadOnly both appear to be non-
settable.